Who we are
Our website address is: https://researchild.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
– Contact forms
If you send us your information via our contact forms.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We collect general meta information about our visitors that enable us to assess trends and usage across our site. We may also use analytics data to improve our own promotional efforts.
Who we share your data with
We do not share data with third parties except as described in this document.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Research Institute for Learning and Development
4 Militia Drive, Suite 20
Lexington, MA 02420
1. The SMARTS© program and all related training, lectures, presentations, research findings, publications, concepts, ideas, exercises, graphics, explanations, and all materials available via ResearchILD’s SMARTS© Online program website are the exclusive property of ResearchILD. Hereinafter all such materials will be referred to as “SMARTS©”.
2. Only an authorized individual(s) may utilize SMARTS©. An authorized individual (“User”) is someone who has an up-to-date, fully paid individual license or license assigned by User’s school/organization.
3. To access SMARTS©, each User must have an individual SMARTS© Online license assigned by ResearchILD via a unique username and password.
4. If the license is purchased by a school or other organization on behalf of a User, the license may be reassigned to another User during the license term by contacting ResearchILD to cancel access and request a new user name and password.
5. SMARTS© Online licenses may not be shared or used by more than one User.
6. SMARTS© may only be used solely for User’s students and/or clients. SMARTS© may not be distributed, shared, copied or made available for use by anyone other than the authorized User. If the User has a license assigned by User’s school or other organization, SMARTS© may be utilized solely for such school’s/organization’s students. The school/organization that purchased the license(s) is responsible for ensuring all Users are made aware of and comply with these Intellectual Property terms.
USER may not utilize SMARTS© in the following manner without specific written permission from ResearchILD
– With students and/or clients as part of an on-line education program, virtual school, or any other remote access program or service
– As part of a training program or course for teachers, psychologists, educational therapists and/or other applicable professions.
9. SMARTS© materials may only be utilized in their original form with all trademarks, logos and intellectual property language intact. Any permitted use of SMARTS© content not in its original form must be clearly identified and have the following reference language included in a visible location: ©2014-2018 ResearchILD. All rights reserved. Use is by permission only.